Headaches can be debilitating and can greatly affect the quality of your day-to-day life. Taking an ibuprofen every time, you suffer from a severe headache is not the right choice as it can cause severe stomach ulcers with long-term consumption. Some NSAIDs could also be harmful to the heath of your kidneys.
If you have suffered from migraines all your life and have confined yourself in closed doors without light and sound for days together to alleviate the pain, then this article can be helpful for you. CBD has shown great promises in managing migraines effectively.
When you buy CBD from JustCBD Store online, you can be assured that you will receive a product that is high in quality and is processed under best industrial practices. They have products designed for both the genders and even sugar free gummies for those on a strict sugarless diet.
Scientists claim that CBD can be as effective as opiates in alleviating the pain as it binds the human endocannabinoid receptors and inhibit the production of serotonin responsible for the symptoms of the migraine attack.
Types of CBD for treating migraine headaches
Not all cannabis varieties are equally therapeutic and you should know what types are available to determine the best one for you. There are also different routes of administration that make them more or less effective. Some of these forms are:
- Topical CBD
- They are available as easy to apply creams, balms, oils and gels.
- It is fast-acting treatment for migraines and joint pains because of the presence of numerous Cannabinoid receptors in the skin.
- No side-effect has yet been established.
- You can either take them orally when mixed with drinks or sublingually.
- They start producing results within 15 to 40 minutes after consumption.
- Edible CBD
- It has greater bioavailability of the cannabis compound because of the presence of fat in the formulation.
- You can consume high doses of cannabinoids when it is combined with your smoothie and consumed.
- Vaping or Inhaled CBD:
- It is an extremely effective method of consuming cannabinoids.
- It though has a high risk profile and can cause severe lung damage.
You must ensure that the CBD you are purchasing has passed high-standard of quality testing and does not have hidden formulations. Some factors that you can cross-check to ensure quality are:
- The contents and strength of CBD should be clearly mentioned on the package.
- You need to check if the hemp used to obtain the cannabis is grown under state-regulations or not and also whether it is organically grown.
- Ask your supplier to list the extraction method used. Give preference to the CO2 extraction method as it is regarded as the cleanest and ensures preservation of both quality and quantity of cannabinoids.
- Ensure that the supplier website always presents third party lab test results for their products.
- Take references and read reviews to ensure that the reputation of the company and its products is clean.
CBD is a plant-based natural product that can help you in dealing with the symptoms of migraine without putting you under the potential risks as caused by other medicines including triptans and opioids.