The world has adopted CBD as a treatment for most of its problems in recent years. Almost all industries have started to use CBD in their products due to the various benefits it has. Do you think CBD was discovered just now? Well, the answer is no. Not everybody knows the history of CBD and how it was found.
If you are planning to buy gomitas cbd after hours of reading about it on the internet, then you might want to try the Just CBD store. It is one of the most popular online CBD selling stores which is authorized to sell these products. From edibles to oils, everything available in this store is tested by a third-party and is safe to use, as it is extracted from the hemp plants.
All you have to do is visit their website, order the product, and wait for it to ring your doorbell.
History of CBD
- Rumor says that the use of cannabis plants especially for CBD and medicinal marijuana was first recorded in around 2727 BC, by a Chinese Emperor Sheng Neng.
- He used cannabis plants to reduce symptoms like poor memory, gout, and malaria.
- There is no evidence or documents to support this information on the other hand.
- After this in the mid-1800s, William B. O’Shaughnessy published a medical paper on the modern uses of cannabis plants.
- In the same period, it was used by Queen Victoria to ease the menstrual cramp pains occurring every month.
- Later in 1911, the sales of Indian hemp and marijuana were either banned or sold only on prescription.
- The use of marijuana was banned in the United States later in 1937 when the Marijuana Tax Law was started.
- It was in the 1940s when CBD was isolated for the first time by a team from Illinois University.
- They proved the fact that there are many components in the cannabis plants that are not psychoactive.
Decriminalization and Legalization
In the 1970s, it had become very difficult for anyone including the doctors and the scientists to obtain marijuana. In 1973, a few individual states, starting from Oregon, decriminalized the use of cannabis. Later in the 1980s and ’90s, CBD started to become popular as a cure for chronic pain.
It was in the year 1998 when a British pharmaceutical company called the GW pharmaceuticals, started to take official medical trials to find out about other benefits of CBD. An Israeli researcher showed the process of isolating THC and CBD from the plants. Later, various other benefits of CBD were discovered through other studies.
In the past 2000s, as the technology was advanced, people got to know about the benefits of CBD through various examples set by famous people. It became the talk among the people when the daughter of the Fig family had suffered 300 seizures in a week that healed by 99% after one-week of using CBD.
As the studies and experiments proved that CBD can help to reduce symptoms of many problems, hemp-extracted CBD was legalized in the US in the year 2018. Today, CBD is used as an ingredient in every industry from medicine to cosmetics.